4 years ago, cool things happened

You probably caught wind that the Yarn Harlot celebrated her 4 year blogiversary. Well, 4 years ago something momentous happened to me, too. My roommate, Lexi, taught me how to knit.


We lived in the dorms together, and she watched me produce crocheted afghans in my spare time. One day, she got out the aluminum needles that her grandmother had given her and showed me how to cast on, knit and purl. Well Lex, you really started something, didn't you?
So how did I celebrate this anniversary?


I crocheted myself a bracelet out of Jen's homespun. Sorry Jen, I had just enough left. Hehe.

6 comments:

jeekeehoo said...

Despite myself and if you tell anyone I said it I'll deny and say someone else typed this but...it's so cute!

Happy Anniversary!!

MarkLackey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MarkLackey said...

NYT illustration looks amusingly just a bit like jeekeehoo and me - only what isn't evident from the illustration is that the knitter is concentrating intently on the music... and I don't always dress formally when I'm composing... and...

burab said...

haha, nice illustration Mark! We should add you on as a regular contributor to the blog.

MarkLackey said...

except that I don't have any myknits for you to lookat.

MarkLackey said...

and i'm not cool enough.