A Tale of Two...Wristwarmers

It was the fuzziest of wristwarmers;

it was the loveliest of wristwarmers.

It was the bulkiest of wristwarmers;

It was the most elegant of wristwarmers.

So I made the green "it-looks-like-my-wrists-are-growing-moss" wristwarmers Wed for a friend who's birthday is tomorrow and decided I just couldn't send them. I had doubts about them from the beginning but the yarn was in the stash and I was trying to make them in time to send. I actually like them, despite all I've said about their mossy bulkiness, but they just aren't my friend. She needed something more classic. Plus, I've learned that wristwarmers are not really that well-known as an article of clothing outside the knitting and perhaps starving artist communities so while my friend is funky, big bulky green ones just weren't going to work on an uninitiated. The blue ones required a trip to the yarn store, i.e. den of temptation (but I was really good...if by "really good" you understand me to say that I bought myself more C*eye*ber fiber when I couldn't possibly spin all I have now in a month) and she won't get them on her birthday but I think she'll get her mind around them and really like them. (and remember, gift knitting in no way counts against my New Year's resolutions...right)

And now by popular request, absolutely unrelated to fiber in anyway so I won't even pretend, remember you asked for it, PIERCE!!





(I picked the one of him in a Texas shirt especially for you Brandy!) Ah yes, my auntly job is done here.

2 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

Okay I am confused. Are the second and fourth pics the same wristwarmers? The color looks so different in the pics. Either way I love them all.

I know the Texas shirt should be my favorite pic of Pierce, but I really love the one of your mother holding him. What a sweetie!

jeekeehoo said...

Sorry! I was afraid the pictures would be confusing. Not only is the color different but they look so different on my hand than off. However, there are really only two sets of wristwarmers! The second and fourth pics are the same pair.

I LOVE that one with my mom too!!